PowerBlast Polyguard Thermoplastic Physical Properties And Compliance Standards
Heat & Cold Resistant
The PowerBlastUSA PolyGuard Thermoplastic is extremely durable, withstanding temperatures up to 300 degrees Fahrenheit and being unaffected by cold as low as -0 degrees.PolyGuard Thermoplastic is resistant to wear and tear, as well as most elements. However, it may not be able to withstand snow plow or rim strikes due to the strength of these forces against metal and concrete.
PolyGuard Thermoplastic is a reaction product made from isocyanates and amines, and it exhibits high flexibility, durability, chemical resistance—and superior properties compared to other coatings.
The primary difference between PolyGuard Thermo Plastic and other coating technologies is the use of amine-terminated (-NH2) resins instead of hydroxyl-terminated (-OH) ones. When combined, these two different types of polymers react to form urea linkages so that a thermoset material can be formed—which results in long-lasting coatings!
PolyGuard Thermoplastic is based on a soft, flexible block-prepolymer made from aromatic or aliphatic isocyanates. The company primarily uses IPDI-based products because they are more UV stable than PDI and have an elastic quality that contributes positively to the final product’s smoothness and flexibility. This makes them better suited for coating gas islands. The isocyanates are partially polymerized with high-molecular-weight amines—such as amino-terminated ethylene or propylene oxide polyethers.
Commercial polyureas are elastomers and consist of an elastic network that includes alternating flexible blocks made up of polymer chains with repeating patterns (polyethers) and shorter, stiffer segments formed from other chemical compounds (ureas). Physical crosslinks are formed when the thermoplastic urea elastomer is stretched and acts as a restorative force.
Usages Outside Gas Stations & C-Stores
- Water & wastewater linings
- Manhole and sewer linings
- Tank linings
- Basins and reservoirs
- Cooling tower linings
- Cold storage areas
- Waterparks & theme parks
- Secondary containment
- Marine bilge and tanks
- Geotextile linings
- Fuel storage & containment
- Pipe line coating and lining
- Marine bridge and deck
- Rail bridge decks
- Offshore platforms
- Traffic bearing waterproofing
- All Standard Station Branding Colors
- High Pressure Spray Applied 2000 PSI and Heated to 180 degrees
- Polyurea Based 100% Solids
- VOC Compliant
- EPA Method 24 Compliant
- SCAQMD Method 304 Compliant
- Cure Time Tack Free 45-50 minutes
- Chemically Bonds With Two Part Epoxy Branding Color Coatings.
- Walking Traffic 1-2 hours
- Wheeled Traffic 3-6 hours
- Impact, Tear,and Abrasion Resistant, under normal conditions.
- Water Resistance 90 minutes after application
- Full Cure 24 hours
- Tensile Strength 3,000 psi
- Elongation 120%
- Flexibility 1/8″ Mandrel Pass
- Tear Strength 340 pli
- Can be applied